Without several thorough readings of NCERT texts, UPSC (IAS) Exam preparation cannot begin, let alone be completed. These textbooks not only provide applicants with information on each subject, but also assist them in comprehending the system’s core operation. UPSC applicants believe NCERT textbooks to be “holy books.” We have included a list of all the relevant NCERT textbooks and state board books that should be read during the UPSC (IAS) Exam preparation in this article.
What NCERTs should You read for IAS test preparation?
We’ve said before that NCERT books are the greatest place to start when studying for the UPSC Civil Services Exam.
NCERT textbooks are prepared in a very straightforward and transparent manner for schoolchildren. These textbooks are simple to understand and can save you a lot of time learning the essentials.
Many questions in the IAS/IPS Exam will come from NCERT Textbooks, either directly or indirectly.
If time allows, candidates should begin with NCERT textbooks from standard 6 and work their way up to standard 12 for all relevant topics.
Which NCERT books should you read for the UPSC Civil Services Exam?
Aspirants should concentrate on the NCERT textbooks on the following subjects for general studies (Prelims or Mains): history, geography, economics, political science, sociology, fine arts, and science.
While all NCERTs are vital, it’s natural to priorities when examinations are approaching.
Many applicants are perplexed as to which chapters from the NCERT texts should be studied (especially for subjects like General Science). These inquiries and requests are very reasonable. We considered writing a detailed essay regarding the essential NCERT books for IAS exam preparation.
➠ UPSC (IAS): NCERT Textbooks for Indian History
- NCERT Class VI – Our Past
- NCERT Class VII – Our Past -I
- NCERT Class VIII – Our Past II and III
- NCERT Class IX – India and the Contemporary World – I
- NCERT Class X – India and the Contemporary World – II
- NCERT Class XI – Themes In World History
- NCERT Class XII – Themes In Indian History – I
- NCERT Class XII – Themes in Indian History – II
- NCERT Class XII – Themes In Indian History – III
- Class XI – An Introduction to Indian Art (Art & Culture)
- Class XI – Ancient India (R.S. Sharma)
- Class XI – Medieval India (Satish Chandra
- Class XII – Modern India (Bipin Chandra)
➠ UPSC (IAS): NCERT Textbooks for Geography
- NCERT Class VI – The Earth Our Habitat
- NCERT Class VI (Old) – Lands and Peoples Part I
- NCERT Class VII – Our Environment
- NCERT Class VII (Old) – Lands and Peoples Part II
- NCERT Class VIII – Resource and Development
- NCERT Class VIII (Old) – Lands and Peoples Part III
- NCERT Class IX – Contemporary India – I
- NCERT Class X – Contemporary India – II
- NCERT Class XI – Fundamentals of Physical Geography
- NCERT Class XI – India – Physical Environment
- NCERT Class XII – Fundamentals of Human Geography
- NCERT Class XII – India – People and Economy
➠ UPSC (IAS): NCERT Textbooks for Indian Polity
- NCERT Class IX – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – I
- NCERT Class X – Political Science: Democratic Politics Part – II
- NCERT Class XI – Political Science: Indian Constitution at Work
- NCERT Class XI – Political Science: Political Theory
- NCERT Class XII – Political Science I: Contemporary World Politics
- NCERT Class XII – Political Science II: Politics in India since Independence
➠ UPSC (IAS): NCERT Textbooks for Economics
- NCERT Class IX – Economics
- NCERT Class X – Understanding Economic Development
- NCERT Class XI – Indian Economic Development
- NCERT Class XII – Introductory Microeconomics
- NCERT Class XII – Introductory Macroeconomics
- Indian Society: NCERT Class XI – Sociology: Understanding Society
- Indian Society: NCERT Class XII – Indian Society
- Indian Society: NCERT Class XII – Social Change and Development in India
➠ UPSC (IAS) Prelims 2021: NCERT Textbooks for Environment & Ecology
- Class XII – Biology: Chapters 13 -16
➠ UPSC (IAS): NCERT Textbooks for Science
- NCERT Class VI
- NCERT Class VII
- NCERT Class VIII
- NCERT Class IX
- NCERT Class X
- NCERT Class XI – Chemistry: Unit 14, Biology: Units 4 & 5
- NCERT Class XII – Chemistry: Unit 16, Biology: Units 8, 9 & 10
Buy all NCERT from here
The syllabus for the UPSC (IAS) Prelims and Mains examinations is comprehensive, and mastery of the fundamentals of each subject is required to properly address the exam questions. This list of NCERT books for the IAS Exam can aid candidates in their preparation. The NCERT books should be thoroughly read in order to grasp the significance and relevance of each topic.
If you have any query related to NCERT than without hesitation contact us email@example.com. You can also contact us on our social media platforms.